Monday, September 28, 2009

Method Sequence Generation

Throughout last week, I was working on the method sequence generation component of the test driver. I believe I am finished implementing this component, but I am still in the testing phases. I shall write and run concrete unit tests through this week. Some things I have been thinking about are intelligent ways on determining the method sequences. As of now, I am only thinking of generating the sequences randomly.

Outside the actual tool, I have received and began reading some papers in a similar field as my research. I am also developing the contents of the website pages I shall soon add to the course web. I hope to complete all, or at least a majority, of this during this week.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Working PDP

I have successfully built a PDP that is capable of using the RAdAC policies I have been working on. The only thing I don't like is that it is difficult to change the risk associated with a particular factor. For example, someone with Top Secret clearance is more trustworthy than someone with no clearance, but each level has a numeric value of risk associated with it. To change the numeric value, you must change the source. I'm thinking of storing the values of risk in a file that would be easy to edit or, even better, making a GUI. In any event, now that it is working I can begin working on the testing portion of the project. I will begin that this week.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Next Steps

When I've found time to work on the project, I spent it mapping out the series of steps required to implement this correctly. I met with Suresh to briefly discuss utilizing JCute. We decided taking an interface as input (or as one of them) may be beneficial, seeing as we cannot account for the student's possible helper methods. Using the interface to generate tests may be beneficial, since the behavioral differences span the methods defined in the interface. All that is required from respective solutions, outside the interface, are the constructors, which cannot be defined in the interface. Summarizing, this results in taking both solutions, as well as the interface being implemented. This results in 3 inputs. I shall post more information as I go on and implement this.