Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pex and XNA cont'd

(July 19th - August 1st)

During the second half of my I started using Pex with Tears (my personal video game). Continuing from my last post on XNA and Pex, I discovered a problem with objects that are very complex (my MapEngine object) and testing my collision detection algorithm. In my game, which is a 2D platform game like Super Mario Bros. or Sonic the Hedgehog, collision detection and response is described as a way to keep all entities within a "world", to be able or not go through objects/areas that are labeled as such. So for the next couple of weeks I tried different possible ways in order to get Pex to work with this hardship and work with Scurvy.Test to test XNA specific objects.

*Update*
After meeting with Xusheng, I discovered that if you can make your PUTs smaller and constrain Pex a little, you may be able test these objects. Why do we have to constrain Pex in order to do this (and when is it necessary to do it), I don't know but that is another research topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment