Thursday, June 11, 2015

Computer Science Is All About Ideas

Computer Science is all about ideas. You don't need to be the fanciest programmer in the world or even the most efficient. All you need is a good idea to get you started and there are many resources to help you along the way once you get started. I know tons of people who have plenty of ideas but are stopped short when they are unable to find someone who can help bring their idea to fruition. That's exactly the kind of person I want to be. I want to be the guy that helps other people bring their ideas to fruition, exactly how they pictured it when it first came to their mind. I don't really have any experience besides the little HTML I did in my younger days and I haven't made any programs or mobile apps, yet. But I plan on taking the necessary steps to get the knowledge to get the job done. My short term goal in the realm of computer science is to make a program, a mobile app, anything that will positively impact the campus community and become a useful tool.

P.S. - It's crazy that you it is not necessary to be a Computer Science major to become a computer scientist. The introductory courses teach you the fundamentals - how everything a computer reads is binary, how to use bitwise operators, etc. However, you don't really need to know anything about these things to make programs or apps. Especially sine the development of templates such as Ruby on Rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment