Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Post

(May 17- May 30)

So this is my first post concerning testing in video game application using Microsoft's XNA Framework. Dr. Xie recommended me to look at and read Model-Based Software Testing and Analysis with C#. It basically tests the model of your application and see if it can finds an errors like dead states and live states . They developed their own framework called NModel so that you can test out your application. I implemented a very simple application called LightSwitch, with a simple on and off state to get familiar with the framework. I then implemented a control flow of the game loop within a XNA developed application. I also contacted Shawn Hargreaves of the XNA Development Team at Microsoft for some information on any (if any) game testing automation techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment