Tuesday, July 21, 2009

NModelling and Dishwasher

(May 31st - June 13th, late)

I continued to search for articles on anything related to game testing automation or any automation techniques that are used in the game industry to see why they used that technique or why they couldn't use another. Had to do some debugging on the GameModel program I made with the NModel Framework. I used that program to start implementation of a Pong game so that it will be easy to fill in. NModel has an aspect of it's framework called "Features" where you can add or take out parts of the program in a modular fashion. Just have to reread the chapters on it to get a good grasp on how to implement it since their code didn't seem to exactly explain on how to use it.

I also interviewed the creator of The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, which was made with XNA. It's a Microsoft published game. James Silva, the creator, didn't use any automated test techniques, just the regular manual testing. I'm having a hard time finding any information on automated game testing techniques anywhere online but will continue searching. I started my paper for Dr. Xie on what I have been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment