Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unit Testing with XNA continued.

(June 28th - July 11th)

I met with Dr. Xie and we reviewed on what I've been working on in the previous weeks. Instead of looking at the overall picture of Game Testing Automation, I'll focus more on certain things that game application use with xna and try to find anything that is an area of we interest like why can't we use certain things (Pex) for xna games in certain situations and write up why we can't. I did create a unit test that didn't use any content loading in my game that passed just as any other application. Earlier I had a problem with doing unit testing anything that used the Content Pipeline to load content for my game Tears (independently made but just used for researching purposes), I found a framework called Scurvy that alleviates that problem. I will retry previous tests that included content loading to test it out. Dr. Xie also recommended to look at GUI testing automation techniques to see if it's applicable to game applications.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how it goes with Scurvy.Test :-) I'd be glad to take feedback about your experience using it and potentially improve the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://onlinemariogames.net

    ReplyDelete