Saturday, July 18, 2009

XACML and RAdAC

This week I have been familiarizing myself with XACML. It seems to be a very flexible policy language; albeit a bit complex. I've found the programmer's guide for Sun's XACML implementation to be a good introduction, but I'll be skimming the OASIS documentation to get a more thorough grasp of the standard. I am to use XACML to implement an RAdAC policy. To do so, two metrics will have to be calculated: a 'Security Risk' and an 'Operational Need'. I'm sure they will be calculated by some sort of function.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,

    I would like to know how finished this story because actually I want to use RAdAC in the cloud, kind of user-centric AC for the cloud, and I would like to have feedback from experienced persons.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete